Adobe Photoshop: Beginners
Adobe Photoshop for Beginners is a hands-on course making best use of the editing software to bring your photographs to life and to give them that professional look. Basic introductory instruction will involve stock imagery and the final week can involve editing of the students own images if applicable. Aimed at the beginner and includes basic Adobe Photoshop tools specifically designed for the amateur photographer.
Laptops provided but please bring your own if you have Adobe Photoshop installed.
3 week course.
Term 1 classes start Thursday 21 February.
Term 2 starts 16 May.
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre and in inner city Auckland.
We offer a wide variety of classes covering creative art & design, culinary delights, culture, dance, ESOL / general English, healthy mind & body, languages, photography and technology. You’ll find details of all our classes here on Eventfinder and on our website.
Our social activities include bridge, mah jong, chess, seniors coffee and chat, walking group, film club, garden group, Scrabble, knitting group, U3A Parnell and Toastmasters Club.
We also offer a schedule of heritage walks - both guided walks and our soon-to-be-launched self-guided walks about central Auckland's historic suburbs.
Every term, you’ll find something new to learn, discover or just have a go at while you meet people and make new friends. Our classes are led by knowledgeable and experienced tutors. Our group activities, such as bridge and mah jong, are coordinated by wonderful community volunteers.
We offer a fresh programme twice a year. Our programme for Terms 1 & 2 runs from January to June; the Terms 3 & 4 programme runs from July to December. Most classes and activities are held at Parnell Community Centre, in the Jubilee Building, where there’s plenty of parking outside business hours. Other classes are held at our Glanville Community Campus.
In 2012 Parnell Trust created a satellite schedule of Inner City activities and classes for Auckland CBD residents. Most of these are held at The Pioneer Women's and Ellen Melville Hall, Freyberg Place off High Street.
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
1. Enrol online at www.parnell.org.nz/enrol.htm; or
2. Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email, post or
fax it to us; or
3. Come to the Parnell Community Centre office, upstairs at the Jubilee Building at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, Eftpos and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) and people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.
t 09 555 5164
f 09 379 2091
Parnell Community Centre
545 Parnell Road, Parnell 1052
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm