Port Nikau Celebrates SeaWeek 2018
Behind every great event is a story. Pork Nikau's is, they want to clean up the waterways of Whangarei, engage the local community, and have a blast along the way. Port Nikau Celebrates SeaWeek 2018 is an exciting event to celebrate the National Seaweek 2018 campaign and achieve those three goals.
The FREE kid friendly event at Port Nikau has plenty of activities including:
- Huge clean up of our amazing Whangarei Harbour, waterways and beaches (with Royal NZ Navy, Sea Cleaners, Blackdog Cats, Limestone Island Rangers and more) Keep an eye on the growing pile of rubbish- can we meet our target of cleaning up 15 cubic metres?
- 85m Royal Navy boat for kids to explore, meet sailors and see what life is like on the ocean (great educational opportunity)
- ROCKPOOL whacky musical stage show featuring Styrene & the Kai Moanas
- An inflatable kelp seaweed tunnel to walk through-feels like you’re under the water
- Printapalooza Printmaking Extravaganza- Northland’s largest live action print event where you can watch local artists make mural sized prints with a two tonne roller
- Whangarei Coast Guard, Eco Solutions and other marine groups displays
- Model Aircraft flying demonstrations and laser gliders for the kids to make
- Live music, food and drinks and much more
Event Organiser Sarah Fox says “Support from the local community has been astonishing, along with local schools and community organisations, we also have the NZ Royal Navy bringing a big ship and Little Green Man Productions putting on an educational musical stage show THE ROCKPOOL. It’s great to have so many FREE activities for the kids down at Port Nikau. We’ll all be working hard to reach our target of collecting 15 cubic metres of rubbish by the end of the event”
For further event details please contact: Sarah Fox 0274633498 firstname.lastname@example.org