The Business of Design: Client Relationship Skills
Thursday 26th April 2018
$350 Professional / $250 Design Assembly Friend / $150 Design Assembly Student Friend + GST
(Not a DA Friend? Details on how to sign up can be found here).
Book your tickets here.
Common headaches for designers often include how to attract the right clients; influence them to collaborate on great briefs, and get buy in to creative ideas. How do you deliver quality work, collaboratively and effectively with your clients? What causes great ideas to not get approved, or a client asking for the logo to be bigger?
This workshop carves through questions like a hot knife through butter. During our session we will help you identify key sales skills that will benefit every aspect of your business, along with key insights into using the creative process to achieve better results with clients.
We’ll cover stuff like:
- How to create a clearly unique position for your studio, to ensure you stand out and develop a strong reputation for the work you want to do
- How to develop a new business development strategy to attract the right kinds of clients that will empower your creative vision
- How to structure your initial meetings with new businesses, to position your agency for a truly creative relationship
Client Relationship Building
- How to shape the clients brief, to provide a clear approach forward – without suicide deadlines or pauper budgets
- How to present your creative thinking to get genuine buy in and lead the creative process, to achieve the best results
- How to deal with objectives and concerns, by inspiring your client to see a better path than increasing the logo or making everything 100pt
- How to use your core skill of creativity to increase client budgets and win more of your clients account.
About the facilitator: Johnson McKay, award winning Creative Director at Fly. Johnson’s insights come from 20 years in sales training and development, as well as creative direction for brands as diverse as Air New Zealand, McDonalds, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and Māori Television.
Terms and Conditions: If you cancel your ticket more than 8 days ahead of the workshop, 100% of your ticket will be refunded. Within 7 days of the workshop, 50% of the ticket price will be refunded or you can transfer your ticket to another Design Assembly workshop within a year.