Solo Travel for Women - Explore the World Fearlessly
Have you dreamed of a fabulous travel adventure, and then given up when you couldn't find someone to go with? Have you imagined a fantastic solo trip to an exotic locale, only to be stopped by your fears? Has society's subtle message that women shouldn't travel alone kept you from giving in to your wanderlust? In this workshop we'll discuss why you should consider travelling alone, and give you lots of tips to make this possible.
Expected learning outcomes
- be able to access your destination safely
- learn how to use technology to save money
- learn how to pack correctly for your trip and protect your valuables
- learn how to meet people when travelling
- learn how to be alone, but not lonely
- tips and tricks to being safe while travelling
What to bring
Your lunch. We'll provide tea and coffee in the staff-room for breaks. Bring your phone, tablet or laptop (only if you have one) as we'll be looking things on the internet.
Who should attend?
Ladies who want to travel solo or those just thinking about it.
About Sharon McLean
I have solo travelled to 24 countries and have gathered a huge range of knowledge during my travels encompassing pre-planning, safety for solo women, local transportation and how to meet other travellers on the same journey. I am also an experienced travel agent.