DO YOU LOVE CREATING?
DO YOU LOVE KIDS?
A program to develop your ability to find the creative balance to help you to bring your best ideas to life.
Unblock - Connect - Support - Create.
Do you want to learn an award-winning program that develops the emotional wellbeing of creative tweens and teens while at the same time putting on your own creative oxygen mask? The course will give you a toolbox to develop -
- Self-compassion (ability to be happy in your own skin and kindly honour your frustrations)
- Emotional fluency (ability to identify needs and emotions and stay present with them)
- Creative resilience (ability to stick with a project even when it gets hard - developing self-confidence + creative Mana - becoming bully-proof)
- Creative community development (learning to give as well as gracefully receive help on your ideas)
- Authentic storytelling of your creative vision (how to engage an audience with your passion)
- Creative Problem solving- turning down the volume of your critical voice and dialing up the volume of your logical+creative abilities (effective project management of your ideas)
- Connecting with your muse (techniques for idea generation and discernment)
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
- Youth workers
- Volunteers keen to mentor youth or support Every Body is a Treasure Trust
- Ages 18+
THE HEARTIVISTS ROOTS WORKSHOP DATES
We are running the workshop in two locations for term 3
South Auckland: Manu Tukutuku - for 7 Tuesdays 7-9 starting on the 30th of July
Wellington: Venue TBD - for 7 Wednesdays 7-9 starting on the 7th of August
WHAT DOES IT COST?
This is where it gets interesting.
It is a pay it forward course.
We don't charge for it but the expectation is that if you take a spot you will take responsibility to pay it forward into the community somehow.
WAYS TO PAY IT FORWARD
- Become a youth mentor for a local young artist (requires further training + police vetting)
- Become a facilitator of the program (requires further training + vetting)
- Volunteer to help Every Body is a Treasure Charitable Trust
- Project managers - organizing events
- Grant writers helping us source money to expand our programs
- Volunteers at the events
- Or if time poor and just want the knowledge for your own whanau please make a financial donation to our trust to match the value that you would pay for a similar program. ($30 per class)
HOW CAN I JOIN?
We have room for up to 20 people. If we get more than that applying we will put you on a waiting list.
If you are interested and commit to attending at least 6 of the 7 classes then please put your details below.
Put on with support from: