Art Haven - Developing Creative Ideas - 6 Day Workshop
Often painters say that they don’t know how to get started – that they have a gem of an idea or some imagery that interests them but just aren’t sure how to take the next steps. . . . sometimes figuring out how to get started is the hardest part.
This hands-on workshop led by professional painter Lisa Chandler will give you creative steps and tips to develop your ideas and teach you how to explore a subject deeply to create an engaging and cohesive series. The workshop is ideal for intermediate painters.
This 6 day workshop includes 5 days in the studio, and a 1 day tour of artist studios in Golden Bay. Fee includes:
- Minimum of 25 hours professional tuition
- Healthy regional foods – 5 morning and afternoon teas, 5 lunches and 5 dinners with selected drinks
- All art equipment ie: table/easel/chair/water containers/scrap paper/basic printmaking supplies/rags etc
- A 1 day guided tour of studios and galleries in Golden Bay
- Access to a library of books on contemporary painters
- Comprehensive notes and list of resources
- An ART HAVEN journal
- Access to the private ART HAVEN online Facebook community so you can connect with other artists prior to the workshop, interact and share your work (and memories) and continue to support each other afterwards
A list of art materials will be supplied upon sign-up, or purchase an 'art pack' with everything you need for the workshop, including a cardboard tube to take your work home with you.
WORKSHOP FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transport to and from ART HAVEN – check out Art Haven's website for options: https://arthavennz.com/location-2/
- Accommodation – check out Art Haven's website for options covering a range of budgets: https://arthavennz.com/accommodation/
- Art materials unless listed above
- 2 lunches and 2 dinners (there are a variety of places to eat in Collingwood covering all budgets)
- Travel insurance