Children's Book Illustration Techniques with Sandra Morris
This two day workshop will help you develop your illustration techniques. Techniques taught will be suitable for a range of applications, not just children's books. This course is designed to extend skills learned in Children's Book Illustration: Character Development, although it is not essential to have attended this first course.
Who should attend? Anyone who wants to learn advanced techniques for illustration. It is not necessary to have attended any of Sandra's previous courses.
Bring your lunch each day. We'll provide tea and coffee in the staff-room. Bring your character drawings and dummy book from previous courses if you have these.
The materials list for Illustration Techniques is:
- Pencils 1HB, 2B, 3B
- Eraser - good soft one
- Molotow mono zero pencil eraser (round)
- Coloured pencils - basic set including dark indigo and burnt carmine from the Faber Castell Polychromos range
- Colourless blender pencil
- 0.05mm staedtler pigment liner
- Watercolour brushes - sizes 1, 5, 6 and a 2" hake
- A4 packet of Hahn Stella multi matt paper
- 1 sheet watercolour paper - Hot Press (smooth) 300gsm - Hahan Lanaquarell, Arches or Saunders - don't buy Fabriano for now
- Embossing tool
- Small craft knife
All available from art supplies stores. Selwyn Community Education students are offered a 10% discount at Gordon Harris, Newmarket (ph 520 4466).
We will also supply graphite powder, solvents, nibs, masking fluid, frisket sheets, watercolours, indian ink, board and pastels to use during the course. This is included in your course fee.