Show Me Shorts Film Festival 2019
Our 2019 programme is better and bigger than ever showing a selection of entertaining, delightful, and charming films. We hope this year’s line-up will take audiences on a ride through a range of emotions as they empathise with characters both similar to and different from themselves. That’s the beauty of short films – viewers so often learn something new, feel something deeply or are genuinely inspired.
Eight Kiwi films will make their world premiere during the festival:
- Kino Ratten by Peter McCully
- Elderbird Song by Shuchi Kothari & Sarina Pearson
- TIP by Jaya Beach-Robertson
- #Collapsingempire by Cathy MacDonald
- Number Two by Rachel Ross
- One Hundred and Twenty Seconds by Connor Slattery
- Te Whakairo - Ngā Kī o Te Tai Ao (The Carvings Carry the Stories of the World) by Vanessa Wells
- Love Bytes by Sam Prebble.
There are also more than 30 New Zealand premieres of international films in this year’s programme.