Doc Edge Clinic #6: Post Pitch & Production
GET YOUR DOCUMENTARY SEEN BY THE WORLD
You've finished your shoot and post-production is coming to an end, but that's only the first step in the process. A good producer knows that a good film is nothing without an audience.
Doc Edge Clinic #6 will show you how to find the right audience at the right time.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION INCLUDE
- What are deliverables and what should you know in advance?
- How do you find a distributor or do you self-distribute?
- Do you appoint a sales agent and what's the difference between a sales agent and a distributor?
- What does a typical distribution agreement look like and what are some key things to look out for when negotiating a deal?
- Which territories will best be suited to your film and which festivals should you focus on and why?
- How is the world of Netflix and VOD changing distribution and would it be better for you to release online or theatrically?
- How does the documentary distribution strategy differ from fiction/drama?
- Rouzie Hassanova, Development Executive, NZ Film Commission has worked in post-production, international film finance and distribution, production and drama development. In London, she worked as Sales Manager for HanWay Films and as Vice President, International Licensing and Distribution for Mister Smith Entertainment.
- Phil Bremner is the owner and Managing Director of Vendetta Films, GDE distribution companies, Vendetta Productions and Academy Cinemas Auckland. He has overseen hundreds of film releases, acquired multiple high-profile award-winning films and executive produced local films including Born To Dance, The Butterfly Tree and Pecking Order.
Q&A sessions to follow.
Numbers are limited due to space, please register asap to be assured of attendance.
We encourage students interested in documentary filmmaking to attend Doc Edge Clinics (reduced price ticket with student ID).
Doc Edge Clinics are supported by the NZ Film Commission and NZ On Air.