Know Your Rights - Workshop Tour
Directors & Editors Guild of NZ, Equity New Zealand and the New Zealand Writers Guild are pleased to announce the launch of a series of ‘Know Your Rights’ workshops at nine locations around New Zealand.
The ‘Know Your Rights’ Workshop is a ‘must-do’ for any actor, director, editor or writer who seeks a successful career in the New Zealand screen industry, arming you with the knowledge, information and resources you need to negotiate and collaborate successfully and work sustainably.
The workshops are for members and non-members of the guilds (DEGNZ, NZWG & Equity) and intended to:
- Demystify contracts
- Improve business management skills for contractors
- Provide insight into the Screen Industry Worker Bill
- Allow each of the guilds to speak directly to specifics related to the careers of actors, writers, directors and editors
Joining the three Executive Directors of the screen unions to present on topics will be legal firm Hudson Gavin Martin (experts in media and IP law) and production accountant Natalie Doherty.
Each workshop will be run from 9.30AM to 4.30PM in a series of joint and breakout sessions, and will also cover off on topics including:
- Intellectual Property
- The difference between employer and contractor
- Tips and advice on company structures, how to handle taxes, GST, per diems and expenses and more
Know Your Rights Workshop
Price: Free - includes catered lunch
Tour Dates 2021:
Dunedin - Friday 26 March
Christchurch - Friday 30 April
Queenstown - Saturday 1 May
Wellington – Friday 21 May
Nelson - Friday 22 May
Auckland - Friday 25 June
Wellington – Friday 30 July
Rotorua – Saturday 31 July
NB: Venues confirmed closer to the dates
These workshops are brought to you with the financial support of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.