2021 Annual Members Show Call for Entries
Depot Artspace extends an invitation to all Members to present works for Sampler, an exhibition in December of small works showcasing each artist’s unique abilities and style.
We welcome well presented, good quality, and easily handled works, 250x250mm or under, of all mediums (2D or 3D) under the $250.00 price. All works will be available to purchase in anticipation of the December holidays.
Here’s what you need to know if you’d like to exhibit in this show:
- Interested artists who are not currently Depot Artspace Members, please contact Exhibition Curator and Manager email@example.com to become a member for a small fee, or visit this link.
- Maximum of 4 artworks per artist with an entry fee of $10.00 per artwork.
- The commission on sales is the standard rate of 30% including GST.
- Artworks are to be delivered by: Wednesday 31 October during opening hours.*
- Please ensure all works are labelled with swing tags including: artist name and phone number, title, medium and retail price. You will need to complete a receipt form at the Gallery when you deliver the work/s.
*If the changing alert levels in Tāmaki Makaurau require an extension to this deadline, participants will be notified.
For Members seeking inspiration in the lead-up to Sampler, here is an optional challenge:
In a way that you feel represents a strong or distinguishing feature of your creative practice, depict a chosen view from your lockdown bubble with the materials you have on hand. Due to the restrictions to art materials we are facing under changing alert levels, you may find that limitation generates new modes of creativity, or a newfound strength within your practice.
A distinguishing feature of your work may be, for example, use of archival source material, your distinctive brushstroke, or the cultural figures you draw inspiration from. For Members without access to materials such as canvas or board, this may mean turning to digital, drawing, or sculptural means to create new work.