Brian Holland: From programming shows to making them...
A career in film promotions helped win Brian Holland a job programming films to screen on TVNZ. In his 12 years at the state broadcaster he moved from movies to general programming for TV2. Since leaving TVNZ he has worked for various production companies, developing a range of programming.
In this ScreenTalk, Holland talks about:
- The secret to being a movie programmer at TVNZ
- The genesis of health-focused children's series Cool Kids Cooking
- Learning from working on The Nutters Club, with Mike King
- The value of long-running media analysis show Media 7/ Media Take
- The ongoing importance of local content
- How he has never needed to apply for a job
This video was first uploaded on 11 September 2017, and is available under this Creative Commons licence. This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside