Messages to Your Younger Self
Got a message for the past? Then we want to hear from you!
Seeking submissions from all over Aotearoa, we ask you to cast your mind into the past and share with us any or all of the following
- What is something you wish you had known and why?
- Tell a story about something that shaped you. This can be as significant / insignificant as you like
- What has been the most important moment of your life thus far?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learnt so far?
- What is the worst advice you’ve been given? OR What is the best advice?
- What advice do you wish you had taken? OR What advice do you wish you hadn’t?
- Finish this sentence: “When I was younger I wish I had known…”
How to submit
Call our answering machine on 0800 112 025 and leave us a message.
It can be as long or as short as you want. You can answer any or all of our questions.
By phoning in you are agreeing to have your words included in the documentary. Voice messages will remain unaltered and your voice may feature in the documentary. If you would like to remain totally anonymous please state this at the beginning of your phone call.
Other than your voice all submissions are anonymous.
Everyone in the world grows up, but not in the same way. Made in association with The Wireless and Radio New Zealand Messages to Your Younger Self explores the way in which different people grow up, what we would tell our past selves if we had the chance in an effort to gain perspective of what’s important and what can be left behind.
For more information please visit -