ScreenTalk: Catherine Fitzgerald - the art of film producing
Catherine Fitzgerald cut her teeth producing high profile short films. She collaborated with Taika Waititi on his Oscar-nominated short Two Cars, One Night and with Vincent Ward on his feature Rain of the Children. More recently Fitzgerald produced two features with director Tusi Tamasese.
In this ScreenTalk interview, Fitzgerald talks about:
- How producers are creative too
- Learning a lot about filmmaking from director Vincent Ward
- Why she appreciated the talent of director Taika Waititi
- Director Tusi Tamasese impressing people overseas
- How Tamasese's film One Thousand Ropes was ahead of its time
- Why the international film festival circuit is so important
- How to get more diversity in the film industry
This video was first uploaded on 30 June 2017, and is available under this Creative Commons licence. This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside