ScreenTalk: Irene Gardiner
Producer Irene Gardiner has had a long career in television, including roles at TVNZ as head of the Production Unit, and Commissioning Editor. She is also a media commentator, and spent seven years as NZ On Screen’s Content Director.
In this ScreenTalk, Gardiner talks about:
- Meeting legendary musicians while working on Radio with Pictures and Ready to Roll
- Producing her first show 3:45 LIVE!, with the talented Phil Keoghan and Hinemoa Elder
- How Newsnight was initially the media’s whipping boy
- The challenge and rewards of heading TVNZ’s Production Unit
- Why Mucking In was one of her favourite shows
- Why she found commissioning a tough job
- Feeling proud of her time at NZ On Screen
- Being incredibly lucky to have "stumbled" into producing, and her thoughts about the future
This video was first uploaded on 28 June 2017, and is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via this Creative Commons licence.
Credits: Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside