ScreenTalk: Stu Dennison
Stu Dennison was a much-loved TV presenter in the 1970s who introduced the ‘naughty schoolboy’ and thumbs up to a generation of Kiwi kids on the show Nice One Stu. He went on to host a range of TV shows, often as sidekick to popular TV host Roger Gascoigne.
After Dennison ended his on-air career, he re-invented himself as a sports producer at TVNZ.
In this ScreenTalk, Dennison talks about:
- Being the ‘everyman’ on Ready to Roll
- Creating the outrageous persona on Nice One Stu
- Becoming famous by being controversial
- How a spontaneous ‘thumbs up’ became his signature gesture
- Winding up the prim and proper Roger Gascoigne on Top Town
- Getting a pie in the face on Telethon
- Enjoying the mix of live entertainment and skits on How’s That
- Moving from presenting to editing and producing sports
- Carrying the torch at the Beijing Olympics
NZ On Screen: Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside