Lecturer - Design Innovation
AUT's School of Art & Design is one of New Zealand's largest providers of art and design education. We currently have over 1300 students and offer programmes of study from Certificates, Diplomas, and a multi-discipline Degree, to Masters and Doctoral level post-graduate study.
The School of Art and Design is seeking an experienced lecturer, senior lecturer or associate professor/professor in the area of design innovation. The new staff member will contribute to a number of areas including the Design major in the Bachelor of Business, recently developed within the Faculty of Business and Law, and delivered by the School of Art and Design, the Product Design major in the Bachelor of Design and the Master of Design. The staff member will also have a role in developing new curricula including design for business papers across the school. Particular areas of focus include: creativity for business, design thinking, design innovation, design context and design management. Applicants should have a relevant postgraduate academic qualification as well as extensive professional experience.
Do you have:
- The ability to provide high level academic leadership, teaching and research for design for business related programmes
- Experience with academic quality assurance and curriculum development
- Knowledge and experience in design for business related practice, theory and research
- The ability to provide an inspiring and innovative learning experience for students from undergraduate to postgraduate level
- Willingness to develop and evolve content, systems and environments in the creation of new papers, curricula, pedagogy and their administration.
The successful applicants should have:
- A formal qualification at postgraduate level, preferably a PhD.
- Teaching, research and professional experience.
- A high level of organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Closing Date: 1 November 2010