Our womens wear label is well established and well respected throughout New Zealand, offering contemporary pieces which reflect the essence of fashion conscious women. We are currently searching for an innovative new designer to look for original inspiration and design a new Winter range.
Specific duties include:
• Create/Design the range in line with range brief and plan
• Seasonal forecasting of colour, trend and fabric direction
• Drive development of new concepts
• Select fabrics in order to achieve the product objective and budgetary requirements
• Ability to work from fabric swatches/sketches
• Prepare line drawings and technical information to be handed over to the Production team.
• Attend handover meetings
• Attend product and fit meetings
• Be available to find substitute fabrics and deal with any problems that may come up along the way
The successful candidate must be able to interpret a trend and work it into a suitable fabric and garment that suits the target market (35+). They must be able to put together a cohesive range of approximately 50 styles that compliment each other. This collection comprises directional and fashion forward casual styles which include dresses, shirts, casual trousers and skirts.
Previous industry experience is essential and immediate start is required.
Ability to interpret a trend and work it into a suitable fabric and garment that suits the target market (35+)
Apply for this job
Please email your CV through to email@example.com