Voyager New Zealand Maritime Museum is a place of stories, a place to discover the explorative spirit of our sea faring nation. Here visitors learn of the epic voyages, dreams, ambitions and human endeavour that have shaped the nation’s history and identity. Sitting at the gateway of the Viaduct Harbour, Voyager is Auckland's only CBD-based waterfront visitor attraction.
An opportunity exists for a motivated, organised and enthusiastic person to join our Collections and Exhibitions Team. The role is diverse and will require professionalism, team work and flexibility.
You will work with the Team to provide high standard collection management of the Voyager’s maritime collection. Work will include collection-focused projects, cataloguing, inventory, storage, loan management and packing of objects.
The ideal candidate will have flexibility in planning, organising and prioritising duties and responsibilities.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate must have:
- A relevant degree;
- Relevant museum experience;
- Previous experience using Vernon or similar database management systems preferred;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a small and close knit team is essential;
- A current drivers licence
What you’ll get
The successful applicant can look forward to:
- Competitive annual salary
- A fixed term contract for 12 months
Applications will only be considered from people with the right to work in New Zealand.
A relevant degree, relevant museum experience, previous experience using Vernon or similar database management systems preferred
How to apply
Click here to apply via SEEK