The NZ International Comedy Festival is a highlight on the entertainment calendar. From humble beginnings in 1993, the Festival has now developed into a major nationwide event with a total attendance of over 100,000 each year. Held simultaneously over three weeks in Auckland and Wellington during April and May each year, the Festival then takes to the road with the Comedy Convoy, touring to regional cities across New Zealand.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Festival & Event Producer oversees the operations and administration for the NZ International Comedy Festival and New Zealand Comedy Trust events and initiatives. In addition the position is responsible for developing and implementing operational strategies, systems and practices.
Specifically the role involves:
- Producing the Festival and Trust events
- Co-ordinating the annual Festival programme.
- Leading the operations team to achieve strategic goals.
- Overseeing Festival ticketing and box office operations.
- Managing all event and production contractual requirements.
- Developing strategies to enhance services to customers, artists, promoters and venues.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A passion for comedy and live performance.
- Strong experience producing in the arts or events industries.
- Experience in event management, venue operations and ticketing.
- Proven leadership and relationship management skills.
- Effective time management and planning skills.
- A clear eye for detail.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, and to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a small, dedicated team.
- Sound financial management skills.
This is an exciting opportunity - apply online now!
To apply for this position, submit an application online at: http://www.rogerjob.com/home/viewjobs.asp?id=147
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 29 June 2012.
See job description above
How to apply
Managing Director - New Zealand Comedy Trust