Want to help revitalise Wellington city? Feel you can talk to both artists and property owners as equals? Can you implement a plan in the face of big challenges?
Following the development work of the Letting Space programme (www.lettingspace.org.nz), the purpose of the role is to successfully coordinate the placement of fresh, unique and creative projects into vacant commercial spaces within the Wellington city region, helping lead to the revitalisation of Wellington city in the eyes of the arts, property and business worlds alike. Your role will involve:
1. Implementing strategies to maintain buy-in from property owners and to promote the benefits of the brokerage.
2. Developing plans and implementing the promotion of the brokerage to the creative industries, and meeting and discussing criteria with potential applicants.
3. Liaising with other key stakeholders such as the Property Council of New Zealand Wellington branch, 19 Tory Street, arts and business groups, Wellington City Council and key individual affiliates connected to the property industry.
4. Research, document and maintain a database of applicants and property owners.
5. Develop and write editorial relating to successful projects, and develop newsletters or other informative material.
6. Negotiate License Agreements and Special Conditions with property owners
7. Arrange property inspections to assess condition of sites and suitability for their use.
8. Coordinate repair and maintenance works and contribute to Property Risk Management procedures
9. Develop initial relationships with potential funders of the Brokerage.
10. Maintaining excellent relationships and networks with property owners and artists.
The Brokerage Coordinator will be expected to be able to work independently, but will be briefed and guided by the Brokerage's managers Mark Amery and Sophie Jerram, in consultation with the Brokerage's advisory board and the trustees of the Wellington Independent Arts Trust.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good documentation, budgeting and project management. Confident, dynamic, tenacious and self-motivated. Negotiation skills useful.