The Dance and Physical Theatre Trust is seeking to appoint a Project Coordinator to join the team in Christchurch in 2013
What the job entails:
Working under the direction of the Director, you will be based in the Dance and Physical Theatre Trust Office in Christchurch.
This full time role splits into three main areas of work covering The Body Festival, Schools Projects and The South Island Dance Network. All areas of work are ongoing, though you will focus on particular projects more depending on the time of year:
February – July: Schools Projects
July – October: The Body Festival
The Body Festival Duties
- Assist with the planning and programming of the festival, including coordination of workshops programme, preparation of funding applications, reports etc.
- Coordinate Ticketing and Front of House activities prior to and during the festival.
- Meet and greet members of the public during workshops and assist with the needs of the professional performers.
- Help promote the festival.
School Project Duties
- Liaise with both schools and dance tutor groups over timetabling and logistics for the projects
- Coordinate all aspect of the project including the end of project performances
- Prepare funding applications and reports for stakeholders and maintain networks
South Island Dance Network Duties
- Update website with new information and events listings.
- Maintain database for the website and list of contacts.
- Contact non-members and encouraging them to join the website.
- Promote the website to stakeholders and dance-related businesses.
- Assist with arranging dance meetings when necessary.
- Prepare necessary reports and funding applications where identified.
Main Office Duties
- Answer telephone and email enquiries about all projects.
- Be in direct contact with the general public and professional dance sector.
- Assist with all administrative duties including opening and sorting post, updating databases, and general filing.
- On occasion be involved in meetings with a variety of dance-related sectors: including PR agencies, Health and Recreation advisers, and CCC members.
Usual office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, though evening and weekend work will be required in the lead up to and during events.
End of January/ Beginning of February 2013
To apply for this position please email a letter of application along with a comprehensive CV to:
Dance and Physical Theatre Trust
by the closing date of December 20th 2012 (0r 20/12/2012)