Permanent part-time position (20 hours)
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated library assistant to join the Museum at an exciting period in the Museum’s development.
Known as one of the leading documentary heritage resources in New Zealand, Auckland War Memorial Museum Library collections comprise a wide range of formats including manuscripts and archives, photographs, paintings, ephemera and maps as well as books, serials and newspapers. The Museum Library & Enquiries Service is part of the Collections and Research department. The focus of this role is on the care and use of these documentary heritage collections and on the delivery of library and enquiry services as part of the Library team.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Work with the Library Team leader - Collections to help provide a high quality collection based service to researchers
- Have excellent communications and customer service skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Have an interest in New Zealand history and culture
- Hold a tertiary qualification
- Understand the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
Have excellent communications and customer service skills, enjoy working in a team environment, have an interest in New Zealand history and culture, hold a tertiary qualification