Fixed term (1 year)
Auckland War Memorial Museum is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to join the Capital Projects and Programming team.
As a vital member of the team, you will be responsible for the coordination of the development, design, production, installation and de-installation of Museum projects with a focus on the World War One Centenary programme. Excellent planning and project management skills are required, along with a strong audience and collections focus.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of 5 years senior project management experience preferably within the Museum sector.
- Strong leadership skills alongside a collaborative approach, the ability to be creative and decisive.
- A track record in procurement including preparation of tender documents and contract negotiation
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time and to budget with high quality and widely accepted results
- Highly developed and effective oral and written communication skills
- A tertiary qualification in project management or related field
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Team leadership
- Project planning, execution, monitoring and reporting
- Resource, risk, issue and financial management
- Internal and external stakeholder management
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the Pacific.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 25 November 2012.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Term Start Date: 14 January 2013 to 13 January 2014
A minimum of 5 years senior project management experience preferably within the Museum sector, strong leadership skills alongside a collaborative approach