Female Classically-Trained Singers
Triple threat opera singers needed! After the success of their sold-out 2011 Auckland Fringe debut, Opéra Risqué is back with a revue show based on operatic absurdity.
Oh! is for Opera is a quick paced, satirical journey; a rewrite of operatic history that highlights the absurd, ridiculous, fun, and naughty nature of opera. Men dressed as women dressed as men, orgies, tantric love triangles and plot twists more confusing than Days of our Lives. Presenting classic opera favourites in a way they were not intended, Oh! is for Opera is an adults-only education on the subtleties of what many believe is a dying art form.
- Classical singing training is a must although you don't have to necessarily be an "opera" singer.
- Dancing and stage experience preferred - Must be able to move and act. Show will incorporate all of the above.
- All singers would need to be available for rehearsal Jan and Feb with show in early March.
- Show is of a 'naughty' nature - No nudity however wall-flowers need not apply.
- Held Dec 10 & 11. Venue tba.
- Please prepare 1 x aria / classical song (lied/art song) - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with preferred day/availability.
- Please also attach current bio and headshot (doesn't need to be professional!)
Note that I have listed as unpaid as we cannot guarantee this however depending on show profits we will consider paying all our artists (as we have in the past).
Singer, Actor, Dancer