Sponsor Development Manager
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (Te Papa) is an iconic world-leading organisation in interactive and visitor-focused museum experiences. Te Papa has a bold new vision for the future ‘changing hearts, changing minds, changing lives'. Over the next five to ten years, Te Papa will:
- Be an agent for change
- Make an impact, take risks, be thought-provoking and challenging;
- Maintain its leadership role within the museum and cultural sector – and grow its profile and sponsor footprint - both here and overseas
To realise this vision and be able to successfully implement its new strategy, Te Papa's Chief Executive is looking for a results-focused business and relationship developer to become part of his senior management team and work closely with the Board and Executive Team to develop, optimise and close opportunities.
The Sponsor Development Manager (TP1333) is a key role, responsible for providing thought leadership and strategic thinking around Te Papa's engagement with existing and potential corporate and individual sponsors, patrons, friends and other philanthropic givers; and for building and optimising Te Papa's revenue generation, gifts and donations base – both here and overseas.
A major focus of the role will be to build a broader portfolio and range of longer-term sponsor partnerships (utilising your own networks), through proactive relationship building and networking. Deliverables will include the development of sponsorship engagement and sponsor benefits frameworks and other tangible philanthropic giving models - and the ability to quickly identify, build and manage a diverse set of beneficial and sustainable partnerships and relationships for Te Papa and its two Museums, now and into the future.
To be considered for this role it will be essential that you:
- Are tertiary qualified (e.g. Business, Marketing, Museum Management related qualification) and have a minimum of 5 years' senior management experience gained in a similar sponsor/business development role in a large, complex organisation
- Have strong commercial nous and the ability to see the big picture and envisage opportunities
- Have previously worked in a strategic role developing sponsor, fundraising and stakeholder engagement strategies, building networks and successfully delivering on sponsor development plans
- Have demonstrable experience of strategic selling / business development and a sound understanding of the sales and buyer behavioural cycles – and how to apply this in national/ international markets
- Have demonstrable and measurable experience in revenue generating activities, including being able to close deals and convert opportunities
- Have strong relationship building and networking skills, with experience of doing this in both a domestic and international setting and demonstrable ability to build long term, successful relationships with key stakeholders
- Are flexible. This position has national and international reach and you may need to travel at short notice and will on occasions need to be away from home for periods of time.
If you can satisfy requirements to work in New Zealand and can answer yes to all of the above, please apply online using the link below.
See Job Description for details