The Wellington Access Broadcasting Society Inc is looking for the right person to schedule programmes, administer the office, manage projects and deputise for the Station Manager at its community radio station in central Wellington.
Wellington Access Radio has been broadcasting not for profit programmes for and by the communities of greater Wellington for more than 30 years.
WABSI offers a challenging work environment for the right candidate. Necessary capabilities and duties include;
- Familiarity with the minimal technical requirements of broadcasting
- Understand radio schedule operations
- Bring experience of project development
- Knowledge of standard administration processes
- Appreciate and relate to the diversity of the cultures of programme makers
- Operate as an active member of a small and dedicated staff team
- Liaison with external stakeholders
- Flexibility to carry out shift work
- Appreciate that the station is for the communities it broadcasts for
WABSI recognises and appreciates that candidates will apply with diverse backgrounds. It is looking for someone who is prepared to learn, be committed, flexible, supports a vision for the Society’s broadcasting work and makes sure programme makers are given the support they need to go to air.
Familiarity with the minimal technical requirements of broadcasting, understand radio schedule operations, bring experience of project development
Apply for this job
Applications in confidence can be sent to the Society Secretary by December 14th.
Wellington Access Broadcasting Society Inc.