Exhibition Attendants - NZ at Venice
Creative New Zealand is seeking Exhibition Attendants to assist with the supervision and promotion of the New Zealand exhibition at the Venice Biennale 2013. The assignments will be for periods of approximately six weeks between June and the end of November, 2013
Bill Culbert is the New Zealand artist that has been selected to participate in the New Zealand pavilion.
Candidates must have:
- A good knowledge and understanding of contemporary visual arts and culture of Aotearoa/New Zealand.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide information clearly and accurately, using language that is easily understood.
- The ability to write and upload material on to social networking sites.
- A current passport.
A degree of fluency in Italian would be an advantage, but is not a pre-requisite.
While these positions are unpaid we offer:
- return economy airfare from your closest major New Zealand airport to Venice, Italy
- accommodation in a shared apartment with other Exhibition Attendants.
You will be required to undertake a full time role at the Pavilion, which is open to the public Tuesdays to Sundays, 10am to 6pm.
E ngä mätä waka o te motu, e ngä karangatanga maha, te iti me te rahi tënä koutou katoa, he karere he panui tenei e pa ana ki etahi tunga hou is Toi Aotearoa mo te hunga e hiahia ana kia mahi ai i roto i te ao Toi.
Creative New Zealand (the Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa) is the national arts development organisation, supporting, promoting and advocating for the arts and artists in New Zealand. Creative New Zealand receives funding from the New Zealand Lottery Grants Board and directly from the Government through Vote: Culture and Heritage.
Creative New Zealand is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust with a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
A good knowledge and understanding of contemporary visual arts and culture of Aotearoa/New Zealand, excellent customer service skills