Destination Coromandel is looking for an enthusiastic marketing assistant to help promote The Coromandel region. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic industry and develop your marketing skills in one of New Zealand’s favourite holiday destinations.
A degree in Marketing, Communications or Tourism is desired. Your copywriting skills will be a particular strength. Initiative, flexibility and work ethic will be some of the traits that you can bring to a small and energetic team. Your role will include;
• Copywriting and communications
• Developing travel itineraries and hosting visiting media and trade
• Monitoring and collating analytics, data and research
• Developing the regional visitor guide and other marketing collateral
• Maintenance of listings on thecoromandel.com
• Content development and maintenance across all digital media
• Newsletter database management
Destination Coromandel encourages creative thinking based on ideas that will help grow awareness and increase economic activity for the region. As you progress you’ll get an opportunity to work on marketing campaigns to showcase your talent and The Coromandel. An understanding of social media is essential. Photography, filming and photoshop skills would also be an advantage.
Domestic and international travel may be required.
This position is a one year contract.