Curatorial Internship – Design & Applied Arts
Applications are now open for the 2013 Blumhardt Foundation / Creative New Zealand curatorial internship.
This internship was established to mentor and develop emergent curatorial practice in the areas of applied arts and design. The Dowse Art Museum offers the successful candidate a dynamic working environment in which to research, develop and deliver an exhibition for our programme, working closely with our curatorial team. It is an opportunity to gain curatorial experience and networks, in addition to an understanding of the working process of a public art gallery.
The position will suit a recent graduate or a person early in their museum career. The internship is a fixed-term contract, which can be carried out on a full-time or part-time basis (equivalent to 4 months FTE). The contract commencement date is flexible but most likely April 2013.
We are looking for applicants with:
- research skills
- interest and experience in the fields of design and/or applied arts (a tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in art history, museum studies or other relevant areas)
- knowledge of contemporary craft/design practice
- good verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to work as part of a creative team.
To apply please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2013
- a CV of no more than 2 pages
- a covering letter giving us some information about you and your interests, and what you would hope to gain from the internship
- a sample of your writing (this can also be in the form of links to websites and should be an example of how you approach and think about the arts)
- the names of one or two references who support your application.
Please note that we have to limit this opportunity to those with NZ residency.