- Excellent career development opportunities
- Abundance of support and great rewards
- City fringe - easy location - beautiful environment
Award-winning StarJam www.starjam.org
is widely considered to be the most inspiring not for profit organisation in New Zealand.
Providing outstanding performance opportunities for 300 children in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch. We are looking for a person with a warm heart and a cool head to join our small dynamic team to assist with making applications to foundations and other grant-making bodies. Associated tasks give good variety to the role. Prior experience in grant-writing is not necessary.
Most importantly you have excellent communication skills, an ability to work methodically and a willingness to learn quickly, as specialised and full training can be provided. Professional fundraising experience however would be an advantage.
About the role - You will love
- That every day is meaningful and fulfilling
- Knowing that your work will bring joy to the lives of hundreds of children
- Being part of a team that acknowledges triumphs and celebrates successes
- Meeting the kids, their families and hearing their joyful stories
- The easy office environment in a leafy location
About your qualifications - You
- Have a tertiary qualification
- Would thrive working for a small, values-driven organization
- Have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher
- Are familiar with CRM databases or are very keen to learn
About your background - You
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a role with similar functions
- Are eager to share your passion for StarJam’s vision
- Can demonstrate your strong attention to detail
- Are able to meet deadlines while balancing multiple priorities
- Are hungry to learn and eager to serve
Although ideally a full-time role, a part-time option is available. There are excellent career development opportunities and flexible working hours. The Greenlane office is easily accessed by car and public transport. Parking provided.
Writing, creativity, excellent communication skills, an ability to work methodically and a willingness to learn quickly. Fundraising experience is an advantage.
Apply for this job
Hints to increase your changes of being shortlisted:
Go to www.starjam.org
and see how we ‘spread the jam’, send a video introduction, attach a piece of your writing, demonstrate you have all of the above attributes. Please also send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date is Tuesday 29th Jan. Interviews start on 31st Jan. Please check your diary. :-)