North Tec is the region's largest provider of tertiary education, with campuses and learning centres in Whangarei and across Northland in addition to over 60 community based delivery points. North Tec remains the only Tertiary Education Institute (TEI) based north of Auckland that provides programmes from foundation to degree level.
The region's gentle climate, relaxed lifestyle and unbounded opportunities continue to attract people from around the world to Northland's spectacular rural and coastal surroundings.
This is an invitation for EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST.
NorthTec is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Gallery Curator (0.4FTE) to manage the new Geoff Wilson Gallery at our Raumanga campus. The Gallery forms the centrepiece of the newly developed Arts Precinct Toi Te Pito.
The Gallery Curator will be responsible for all aspects of the running of the Gallery, including:
- Organising an annual programme of exhibitions and activities relevant to NorthTec and its communities
- Promoting the Gallery through a range of media
- Greeting visitors to the Gallery and providing information on exhibitions
- Managing the Gallery's operating budget
- Line management of the Gallery Assistant.
Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Arts, preferably at Masters level
- Tertiary teaching experience in Arts programmes
- Experience running galleries and organising exhibitions
- Proven organisational ability
- Proven writing ability, including being published in Arts magazines and journals
- Research skills
- IT skills (Mac OS, Word, Outlook, Desktop Publishing, Wordpress, Facebook) at a level necessary to promote the Gallery programme to the Arts community, locally and nationally
- Experience with the media
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with artists, staff, students and public;
- Public speaking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage a flexible workload
- Basic “handiwork” abilities (hanging art works, painting walls, etc).
A Degree in Arts, preferably at Masters level, tertiary teaching experience in Arts programmes, experience running galleries and organising exhibitions, proven organisational ability
How to apply
For further information please contact Lindsay Marks, Programme Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 470 3840.
Register your interest to Human Resources with your completed application form, an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, by close of business on Monday February 11, 2013.
Private Bag 9019
Phone 09 470 3772