Te Manawa, museum of art, science and history is alive with colour, noise and activity. We stimulate and inspire our community and visitors, providing unique and fun experiences which explore our identity, creativity and ingenuity.
A bi-cultural organisation, Te Manawa is a place where all members of the community recognise the true spirit of partnership embodied in the Treaty of Waitangi and where Kaupapa Maori is treasured and celebrated.
As custodians of taonga of regional and national significance, our collections and exhibitions are at the heart of our activities. We work collaboratively across the Manawatu to strengthen and develop a range of evocative exhibitions, events, public programmes and education programmes which embrace our vision.
Te Manawa Museums Trust is seeking an experienced Marketing Assistant to join our highly motivated team.
As our new Marketing Superstar you will be integral to the effective coordination of new and existing marketing initiatives, while delivering on day to day marketing objectives. If you have excellent planning and interpersonal skills, along with marketing administration experience; this could be the role for you.
You will assist and support the Communications and Visitor Experience Manager with an exciting range of projects, including to help coordinate advertising campaigns, printed collateral and managing our website and social media presence.
The successful Applicant will have qualifications in a relevant discipline and demonstrate:
- Experience in developing and maintaining social media networks and communities.
- Experience in the creation and production of a variety of advertising campaigns such as guerrilla marketing.
- The ability to write and edit copy appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Experience in a variety of administrative skills, including database management.
- Commitment to upholding and implementing the Treaty of Waitangi and to working in a bi-cultural organisation
It is desirable for candidates to have:
- A full, clean driver’s licence.
- An understanding of te reo, and Kaupapa Maori.
If you have excellent planning and interpersonal skills, along with marketing administration experience; this could be the role for you.
Apply for this job
If you think this is the right role for you, visit our website and see if we are the kind of organisation you are keen to work for. Complete the application form at www.temanawa.co.nz
\vacancies and send it with your resume and to Robyn Chapple: email@example.com
or by post to:
Recruitment: Executive Assistant
Private Bag 11 055
PALMERSTON NORTH 4414