Capability and Engagement Group
We need an experienced and enthusiastic Graphic Designer to become the fourth member of our design team. This is a customer-focused role where the creation of communications and publications will support the delivery of the Department's key messages and conservation work to staff and the public.
You will have excellent typographic skills and a diverse portfolio demonstrating this. You will enjoy collaborating with members of the publishing, marketing and web teams as well as staff across the Department. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often using existing brand templates, is a must and you will be comfortable designing for both print and web applications.
An interest in conservation would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of three years of experience working as a Graphic Designer and have a sound understanding of publishing standards and requirements for print and web.
In this role you will:
- design a wide variety of publications for print and web outputs (from posters and brochures to campaign materials, and formatting major documents and publications for the Department)
- provide guidance, practical help and support to staff using templates provided by the publishing team ensuring that they meet departmental publishing standards
- work and communicate effectively with staff across the organisation, providing a professional design service to them
- champion the Department's brand identity and publishing guidelines
- monitor and assess the effectiveness of publications and raise issues, risks and opportunities.
You will bring to the team:
- a tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or a high degree of equivalent experience
- thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite package (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- a sound understanding of publishing standards and requirements for print and web including strong technical knowledge of file set-up
- knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Applications must include a completed DOC application for employment form, a CV, and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description. In addition please supply a mini-portfolio (maximum three A4 pages, below 3mb in file size)
A minimum of three years of experience working as a Graphic Designer and a sound understanding of publishing standards and requirements for print and web.
How to apply
For more information please contact Karen Upton, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Capability and Engagement Group, 04 494 1460, quoting vacancy 20/3316.
Click here to view the role description
Please click here for an information sheet.
Please click here for an application form.
Applications close with Karen Upton, email@example.com in the Capability and Engagement Group, at 12pm Monday, 18 February 2013.