Creative Minds Programmes offers fun and engaging extra-curricular visual arts after-school classes located in primary schools throughout the North Island. Inspiring young artists to create their own creative masterpieces through the art of imagination is what our tutors do best!
We require Art Tutors for our North Island based programmes, who are passionate about visual art and have experience teaching young children. You will either, be in training or be a fully trained teacher and/or have experience teaching visual art to young people.
About the position:
You will be required to teach a minimum of 2 after-school classes (two days per week)
Hours: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Class Size: maximum 10 children
Children’s Ages: ranging from 5-12 years All lesson plans are provided with the flexibility to tailor your teaching to the needs of the children in your group. Lessons include fun art skill warm ups to stretch the imagination and teach the children how to use a variety of artistic mediums, which may include drawing, painting, sculpture or other projects. Each session finishes with sharing the learning and the children’s creations as well as a group art game.
About the ideal applicant:
• Able to work in New Zealand
• Fluent in spoken English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Access to own vehicle and driver’s license as you will be required to travel to various schools
• Police/Criminal Record Vetted
• Ability to commit to at least 2 terms/6months work
• Minimum commitment of 2 afternoons (3:00 – 5:00 pm) per week for 8 weeks each school term. Additional work may be available in our School Holiday Programme.
• Experience working/volunteering with children • Background knowledge and experience with a variety of Visual Arts materials
• Teaching experience/background/training/registration or working towards is highly recommended.
• Ability and willingness to attend additional training and professional development to advance your skills.
• Friendly, outgoing, caring nature towards children and professional and warm towards parents and school staff
. • First Aid Certification is preferred but not essential.
Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for this position to:
Programme Director, Tammy Thomson of Creative Minds Programmes. Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview. The position will officially commence at the start of Term 2/May, with training to commence during the month of April.
For more information about Creative Minds, please visit www.cmprogrammes.co.nz or contact:
Creative Minds Programmes
(07) 974 4925
022 699 4439
teaching, visual art, ability to work with young children