Concept Developer/Curator - Contract
Rotorua Museum is seeking a talented and creative concept developer for its major 2013/14 summer exhibition targeting a local and New Zealand family audience. Working with the team at Rotorua Museum the scope and timelines for the contracted work includes:
• Research to inform the concept
• Develop concept for the exhibition and related programmes - content outline, timeline, milestones, interpretive strategy, visitor experience, events, live engagement
• Concept sign off: 24 May 2013
• Content development working with Exhibition 3D Designer: interpretive plan, visitor experience objectives, object list, media content, public programmes
• Input to Developed 3D design sign off : 31 July 2013
• Content delivery - text, media, objects, public programmes schedule
• At least 2 site visits in Rotorua
All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Summer Exhibition Concept Developer Proposal: (your full name)’.
Proposals must include the following:
• Relevant previous experience with exhibition concept development/curation, with a particular focus on the type of exhibition outlined in the ‘Request for Proposal’ document. Provide details of any proposed personnel including a brief 1-page CV for each, outlining their relevant skills and experience and the work they will perform on the project.
• Outline how you intend to approach the work specified in this Request for Proposal.
• Confirm that you can complete the work within the timetable of milestones and include examples of previous projects to demonstrate your ability to deliver work on time.
• Submit your price/s including a breakdown of the associated costs.
- Provide your hourly rate charges for any additional work that is requested beyond this scope of work.
- Provide three client referees for whom you have completed work relevant to the work requested in this proposal.
- Rotorua Museum is part of the Rotorua District Council and has a standard Contractor Agreement for Services. Please confirm your willingness to enter into an agreement with Rotorua Museum on the basis of this document.
- State your acceptance of the conditions of this RFP
- Provide confirmation that you or your company has Public Liability insurance (where applicable) and confirm the amount insured for.
For full details about the project and what to include in your proposal, please email Pamela Lovis email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the ‘Request for Proposal’ document and a copy of our Standard Contractor Agreement for Services.
Salary: Contract by negotiation
Closing date: Noon, Tuesday 19 March 2013
We are looking for an exceptional person, experienced in exhibition development and interpretation, with a good understanding of audience and visitor experience to research, develop and deliver Rotoru