Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
We need a motivated and dynamic Executive Administrator to provide support to The Trust Board Secretary, the Tumuaki – Maori Projects and Development, the Trust Board and its five sub Committees including the Taumata-ā-Iwi (Maori Advisory Committee). From time to time this role may also need to provide support to the wider executive team. This is a 1 year fixed term, full time position, to cover a staff member who has been seconded to another position. You’ll be experienced at providing high level effective administrative support in a varied and busy environment. Along with delivering exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
Tasks will include diary management, appointments, catering, agendas and minutes, preparing and collating executive reports, general administrative duties, filing, travel bookings and much more. Along with the smooth and efficient running of the Auckland Museum Trust Board, the Taumata-ā-Iwi, and it’s other subcommittees.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least intermediate proficiency of Te Reo and tikanga Māori and strong knowledge of iwi and Māori organisations, groups and networks across the Auckland region and Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Able to work constructively with a wide range of people at a variety of levels including iwi and Māori, culture and heritage.
- Demonstrable experience in an administrative position coupled with strong administrative skills
- Experience in minute taking and the ability to construct and write up official correspondence
- Clear and concise communication skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations/customers
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to remain unflustered
- A positive and proactive approach
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be flexible with start and finish times
- High standards of professionalism and integrity.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
Closing date: 5pm Monday 11 March 2013
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
You’ll be experienced at providing high level effective administrative support in a varied and busy environment.