Assistant Librarian 37.5 hours
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Assistant Librarian to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The role is varied delivering services face to face on our public desks and those provided with work behind the scenes with research. This position is also responsible for developing the imaging services. All of this work requires methodical work habits; enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility to champion development. You will work with the Team Leader, Enquiry and Research Services to provide support on a range of operational Library activities.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Library qualification or be working towards a Library or Archives professional qualification.
- Enjoy working with a diverse range of people
- Be very organised, enjoy problem solving and be able to work to deadlines
- Have a good knowledge of photographic processes and techniques
- Have excellent spoken and written skills
- Demonstrate knowledge in at least one of the content in the permanent galleries
- Understand the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment.
- A tertiary qualification would be desirable
Closing Date: Sunday 3 March 2013
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
Have a Library qualification or be working towards a Library or Archives professional qualification, enjoy working with a diverse range of people