Head of Sales
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
A new opportunity exists for a proven, financially savvy, commercially focused Head of Sales to join the Museum at an exciting time of business transformation.
The role involves leading the development of annual sales strategies for the commercial events and tourism team in order to meet revenue, visitation & and profitability targets. Reporting to the Director, External Affairs, Tourism and Sales, you’ll have a team of 4 direct reports. The role also works closely with our retail colleagues to ensure cross sell at every opportunity.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Previous experience in sales in the venue hire or hospitality industry, with an understanding of the tourism industry
- Strong commercial acumen and financial management skills
- The ability to interpret data and turn it into useful business intelligence
- Experience in leading teams through a process of business transformation
- Exceptional relationship building skills in order to develop long-term business with key accounts
- The ability to deliver continuous improvement of business processes
- Have proven ability to generate new business leads
- Strong and effective organisational and negotiation skills.
- The ability to think strategically, act tactically with a genuine focus on delivery
- Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and/or weekends
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
Previous experience in sales in the venue hire or hospitality industry, with an understanding of the tourism industry