Pint Sized Plays
'Pint–Size Plays NZ’ is your opportunity to show just how imaginative and original you can be.
If it is funny - If it is sad - If it is original – it could be a winner.
We are looking for original scripts, that demonstrate that your local can be a fine place to soak up a bit of local culture as well as beer. Plays, that are capable of being performed in a pub, lasting from 5 – 10 minutes, with 1-3 actors.
The most interesting, funny, surprising, dramatic, or outrageous plays, are being sought, to entertain and delight Queentown’s most discerning audiences - beer drinkers.
When writing, you will need to bear in mind that your play will be performed in a bar, using the tables and chairs, props and space readily available, or easily carried on by the performers.
All entries will be judged on their originality and entertainment value, and short listed to a maximum of eight
These eight plays will be performed in front of a live audience, at the Queenstown SKYCITY Casino. The winner will be decided by the audience, and will receive the highly coveted pint pot trophy.
And the very simple rules:
- The competition is open to anyone, provided the script is the original work of the entrant.
- Scripts should require no more than 3 actors using a minimal number of props.
- Scripts will be judged on originality, writing quality and entertainment value.
- The author’s name must not appear in the script, as this is an anonymous competition.
- Scripts should be emailed to: email@example.com
Successful entries will be performed 2 March 2014. The audience decides the winner.