Visitor Host - Casual x7
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
The Museum currently has vacancies within the Visitor Host team for casual staff members, particularly those able to work between Friday - Monday.
Reporting to the Duty Managers, Visitor Hosts are responsible for reflecting manaakitanga by warmly welcoming visitors to the Museum, operating ticketing and maximising sales of museum products and packages, as well providing personalised information about potential experiences to ensure a highly positive, memorable experience for visitors of all ages. In addition to ensuring the safety and security of visitors, staff and collections, there are opportunities for Visitor Hosts to assist with the delivery of learning programmes and events.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have clear and concise communication skills and the ability to deal with difficult customers and/or situations
- Be an excellent listener and have the ability to provide information clearly and accurately
- Have a sunny disposition and sense of humour, as well as a warm friendly manner
- Be honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Show an enjoyment and have some experience working with children (highly desirable)
- Have a passion for NZ heritage, history and culture and some understanding of Tikanga and other protocol
- Ideally have a background which includes a proven track record in excellent customer service
- Be able to work flexible rostered hours, including evenings, holidays and/or weekends (essential)
- Hold a passion for dynamic museums and for working in a cross functional team environment
Auckland War Memorial Museum is committed to a bi-cultural approach. An understanding of the application of the tenets of the Treaty of Waitangi is essential and competence in Te Reo is desirable.
A recruitment event will be taking place over the following dates - Monday, 9 December and Thursday, 12 December.
Closing Date:Wednesday, 4 December
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
See the Job Description for details