Power Rangers Writer Intern
“Power Rangers” is a 30-minute international children’s action show, currently being produced in Glen Eden, Auckland. The Power Rangers Story Department is looking for a writing intern.
This writing experience is very unique. The successful applicant will join an experienced story team working on this fast turn-around television series. The applicant must be prepared to sit around the story table to brainstorm, accept and offer critique, as well as write and re-write scenes on the spur of the moment. The position also has a strong administrative component.
- It will be a freelance independent contract.
- The contractor must be a New Zealand resident or citizen.
- Contract Fee: $800.00 TO $1,000.00 per 5 day week (depending on experience).
- Hours: This is a full-time 50 hour a week position, Monday to Friday. Occasionally there will be the need to work extra hours, so some flexibility is required.
- Dates: Minimum of 3 months, approximately October-December 2015. There is potential for the position to run much longer.
- Location: Power Rangers’ offices are in Glen Eden, Auckland.
- Selection Process: A shortlist of applicants will be interviewed. All finalists must write a short scene based on given parameters, as part of the process.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an up-and-coming writer. Ideally, Applicants will have some previous writing experience and a good understanding of script writing technique, and software. They will be self-motivated, disciplined, professional, and have a great attitude.