Ocula is a portal website to the world's leading contemporary art galleries with a particular focus on galleries in or engaged with Asia-Pacifc. Ocula currently and comprehensively hosts 200 member galleries and is growing rapidly. The Ocula platform has been specifically designed to increase visibility, visitation and sales enquiries to member galleries through digital marketing and SEO and SEM strategies. As a result Ocula has rapidly become the most highly visited contemporary art website in Asia Pacific. Consequently Ocula offers member galleries a high effective advertising and marketing platform with measurable and tangible results at a very competitive cost.
We are looking to appoint a Content Manager to join our growing team. A great opportunity to work alongside leading industry professionals and gain invaluable experience of the International Contemporary Art Market.
Position: Content Manager
Reports to: Managing Director and Publisher
Hours: Full time (some flexibility possible)
- The key function of this role is to ensure the day-to-day performance of Ocula.com through the maintenance of the website content.
- Thoughtful and organised service to member galleries is an integral part of the role. You will have the ability to listen to and identify the needs of member galleries and ensure their content on Ocula is always accurate and up-to-date.
- A high standard in written and spoken English is required.
- Confidence and experience in working in the online environment is essential. This includes inputting to our content management system (CMS), social media and assembling emails to large databases. Experience in/or understanding of website statistics and reports using Google Analytics, and an understanding of SEO and SEM is preferable.
- Experience of, and/or a serious interest in the international contemporary art market is essential.
This is an ideal position for a creative minded person with a background in advertising, marketing, publishing, contemporary art with some project management and client management skills preferred. To be successful in the role you will need:
- Highly effective organisational, customer service and time management skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Art History, Fine Art and/or Marketing.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm, a team player attitude and flexibility
- A second language is an advantage.