OrganisationAuckland Arts Festival Trust
Closes11 Jan 2017
Posted on19 Dec 2016
Work classificationPerforming Arts
AUCKLAND FESTIVAL TRUST
Position: Marketing Intern
Reporting to: Marketing Executive
The Auckland Arts Festival is Auckland's premier festival of New Zealand and international arts. Presented annually, the globally recognised event celebrates people and culture, and showcases the cultural diversity and vibrant energy of New Zealand's largest city.
Since the inaugural event in 2003, the Auckland Arts Festival has welcomed over 1.5 million attendees. For 19 days in March (8 – 26), Auckland Arts Festival 2017 will present a dazzling array of events by some of the country's and world’s most innovative artists and performers.
Working with the Marketing Executive, the Marketing Intern will support the undertaking of specific Marketing activities for the 2017 Auckland Arts Festival.
Required skills and experience
* Graduate or student of marketing, communication or event management
* Demonstrated project and time management skills
* High level of computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office software, and social media practices
* Ability to manage a varied workload and to deadlines
* Full New Zealand drivers license (desired)
* Good relationship skills
This is a part or full-time (minimum 20 hours per week), fixed term internship, starting January 2016 and concluding on 26 March 2017. This internship is unpaid.
Intern role will be to assist with: -
* Distribution (programmes, posters, flyers)
* Social media assistance (content research, planning and scheduling)
* Website monitoring/ updating as necessary
* Internal image resizing for web, e-newsletters and publicity
* Sourcing prizes for social media competitions
* Promotional activation teams for the Festival
* The Festival information booth in Aotea Square
* Nightly show programmes
* Attend meetings when and as required by the Marketing Executive or Marketing & Communications Director
* Assist Marketing Executive with other duties as required.
The Auckland Festival Trust will do its best to provide you with work experience and training, where possible, to further your career in PR/Marketing and Events Marketing. This will include opportunities to:
* Be part of marketing/PR discussions
* Be involved in implementing the social media strategy
* Further website and EDM skills
* Learn how the Marketing and Publicity Departments work
* Be part of implementing the marketing strategies for the Auckland Arts Festival shows.
On completion we will provide you with a written statement confirming you undertook work experience/ an internship.
* This position is a direct report to the Marketing Executive.
* Marketing & Communications Director
* AAF Marketing and PR Staff
* AAF Ticketing Staff
* AAF staff