Natural Sciences Educator
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Natural Sciences Educator to join the Museum. This role is fixed term until 29 September 2017. This position responsible for the delivery of curriculum based programmes for primary and secondary school groups, particularly the delivery of New Zealand Speciation. The post holder will also input into the development of programmes and learning resources. This role will open up the learning potential of the Museum's collections as a learning resource around natural sciences for primary and secondary schools both within the Museum and in the community context. The post holder will also work across collections as is appropriate, and contribute to the outreach, digital programmes and master planning. The role is as varied as the working environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A teaching qualification is desirable but not essential.
- A strong passion for Natural Sciences
- Superb live interpretation skills with the ability to walk into a room and inspire with your confidence and knowledge.
- Excellent pronunciation of Te Reo Maori, and confidence to use appropriate greetings and /or commonly understood phrases applicable to a Museum setting.
- Understanding of the principles and practice of the Treaty of Waitangi, and the implications of this for the policies and strategies of the AWMM.
Closing Date: 12 May 2017
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position and hold a full drivers licence.
This is an entry level position and is ideal for a graduate. The role provides a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this position, please go to the Museum's website using this link: http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/384/current-opportunities and search using the job title. Please do not attempt to apply via email as your application will not be registered.