Junior Graphic Designer (Mac Operator)
Are you a senior Graphic Design student or recent graduate wanting to make use of that qualification? Or maybe you are looking to re-enter the workforce part-time? Or perhaps you’re already in the workforce and looking to get more design experience under your belt?
As a Junior Graphic Designer (Mac Operator) in MOTAT’s Marketing & Communications Team, you will assist the Graphic Designer and provide in-house graphic design, desktop publishing, and photographic services in line with MOTAT’s marketing and promotional strategy.
We are looking for a creative, results-driven superstar to join us for six months to help promote MOTAT to its various audiences. This part time role is for 2-3 days a week – specific working days are negotiable.
- Complete design tasks as assigned by the Graphic Designer and noted on the marketing schedule by due dates set.
- Provide overflow graphic design assistance for events, holiday experiences, signage and activity requirements across MOTAT.
- Provide on demand photography services such as for events and public relations.
- Assist with achieving overall consistency of the MOTAT brand in the marketplace by ensuring correct use of the MOTAT logo on all branded materials.
- Actively contribute new ideas towards developing future marketing opportunities and reasonably assist with other ad-hoc duties as required.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in graphic design (or are studying towards one).
- Previous experience in a graphic design, Mac Operator, or desktop publishing role.
- Demonstrated experience in PC-based software applications such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and all MS Office applications. Experience with Creative Suite for Mac will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines and working to fixed timelines with a high attention to detail.
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its customers. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" venue and we want your help to continue that journey. This is an exciting period at MOTAT and a great time to join the team.
MOTAT is a great place to work, where no two days are ever the same. Along with joining a team of passionate and capable people, you will also get Birthday Leave, additional KiwiSaver contributions, and a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.