- Are you an organised, multitasking, entrepreneurial go-getter?
- Do you thrive under pressure?
- Do you want to make an impact in the performing arts education sector?
TAPAC, The Auckland Performing Arts Centre, is seeking a skilled Education Co-ordinator to join its small team located in Western Springs.
We're looking for someone who is smart, driven and energetic with high ownership and great attention to detail. This is a busy role creating and managing all of TAPAC’s performing arts education programmes. It utilises a broad skillset from arts education programming, overseeing programmes, managing tutors and students, marketing, administration and reporting.
We are seeking someone who thrives under pressure and wants to be part of a vibrant team in a fun, creative environment. This is a great opportunity to make your mark, and create an impact.
This action-packed role includes:
- Getting stuck in, taking ownership of and managing all of TAPAC’s performing arts education, school holiday and outreach programmes from both a strategic and on a practical day to day basis
- Researching, identifying opportunities and programming compelling performing arts education
- Identifying and contracting skilled tutors to run courses that provide clear educational outcomes and maximise student uptake
- Accurately and efficiently loading all classes online
- In conjunction with TAPAC’s Marketing Co-ordinator, marketing all education programmes and events including writing engaging copy and organising marketing collateral
- Overseeing and managing all enrolments, and ensuring timely billing and payment
- Managing all students, particularly school aged children, and tutors involved in the education programmes including dealing effectively with any conflict
- Maintaining the education database and contact list
- Owning and driving the education calendar, classes and enrolment numbers
- Responsibility for opening or closing the venue, or helping on the front desk as required
- Attending and actively contributing to team meetings to achieve strategic goals
- Providing monthly performance results against targets
- Assisting the senior management team in achieving business goals, new initiatives and strategic partnership opportunities
You will fit in at TAPAC if you have:
- Solid experience in a fast-paced role, managing multiple projects and people
- A professional, effective and strategic approach to programming and managing education courses, ideally performing arts education, with proven success
- A love of the performing arts with a good network of industry contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of ownership and ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to excel as part of a team, collaborative and self-driven
- Ability to connect with a broad range of people including young children and teenagers
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to go beyond and do whatever needs doing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong and fast computer skills, including in Excel
- Experience in performing arts education is desirable, but not essential
- A service mentality, you love helping others and the organisation succeed
- A tertiary qualification in a related area
You are logical, efficient, flexible, organised, adaptive, and quick to make decisions. You want to be a successful player in the performing arts. But mostly you are results-driven, with a work ethic second to none and an ability to hit the ground running.
This is a full-time role of 40 hours a week.
Please send your application, including cover letter and curriculum vitae, to email@example.com. Applications for this position close at 4.00pm on Friday, 1 September.
How to apply
Please send your application, including cover letter and curriculum vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org