Public Programmes Designer (Fixed Term)
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" venue for the innovators of tomorrow and we want you help us continue that journey.
As a Public Programme Designer you will assist with the creation, coordination, and delivery of museum experiences at MOTAT. This will include holiday and weekend experiences. You will work within a talented Public Programmes team to create concepts, research and develop, and deliver events that will enhance the MOTAT experience.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience in event development and delivery.
- Strong project management, planning skills and experience in managing budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, not only will you be dealing with the MOTAT Team but also liaising with suppliers and other special interest groups.
- Know your way around Microsoft Office applications along with Photoshop and some graphic design skills.
- Experience with set design or theatre/film production, desirable.
- Event or relevant qualification, desirable.
As this is a unique role, along with your CV and cover letter please send us an example of an event or experience concept that you have created and developed, illustrating the steps you took and describing the results.
This is a 12-month fixed-term position, to cover extended leave, working Monday – Friday.
Apply now and bring your creativity and knowledge to the Museum!
Applications close on Monday 18 September 2017