The Duffy Show - Touring Opportunity 2018
'The Duffy Show' consists of two Auckland based teams (three actors in each team) that tour for a period of approximately ten months travelling from the top of the North Island to the bottom of the South Island. Performing in Duffy schools with audience sizes ranging from 10 to 400, this is a great way to see the country while practicing your craft and getting paid. This established tour has been around for nearly 25 years and is an amazing experience for those involved. The show will be directed by Jeff Szusterman and written by Lauren Jackson.
Each team performs The Duffy Show twice a day, five days a week, making this a great way to develop your craft and gain confidence as an actor. Actors are paid a wage with the addition of per diems when away from Auckland. Accommodation outside of Auckland is covered and teams are provided with a touring vehicle and trailer while fuel and any other tour-related travel costs (e.g. ferries) are also covered.
The tour begins February 7th and runs through to early November 2018 (date tbc) with rehearsals consisting of a script workshop in December 2017 and a month long rehearsal block starting January 8th 2017.
What are we looking for?
- Actors who are looking for a slightly more long term opportunity than most acting gigs.
- Actors willing to perform generously with a youthful audience.
- Actors with basic abilities to sing and play musical instruments will be a plus.
- Actors with full driver’s license.
- Actors that have the stamina to perform every day for an extended period of time.
- Actors who work well in a small team.
Auditions will be held in Auckland and Wellington - Dates TBA
Please note: This is an Auckland based opportunity. Duffy Books in Homes cannot assist with accommodation etc for those not Auckland based.