12 month fixed term contract for parental leave cover
Based at the TSB Bank Wallace Arts Centre (the Pah Homestead) in Auckland, a busy free entry public art gallery which is the principal home of the James Wallace Arts Trust [JWAT] and its extensive collection of contemporary New Zealand Art. The role recognises the variable nature of events which often occur on weekends and evenings and the variable workflow, and is set at an average of 80 hours per month to ensure development and delivery of the Trust’s event schedule.
The successful applicant will be working within in close knit team at the Arts Centre to deliver approximately 15 events programme per month including exhibition openings, lectures, community and artist group events and performances, commercial and private hires of the venue and social events. The role requires a regular interface with the Trust’s contracted café and caterers.
Additional events are also held at Rannoch in Epsom Auckland and it is envisaged that the scale of the events co-ordinator role will increase over time.
Expectations of the successful applicant include:
- Contributions to the development and implementation of the Trust’s events strategy
- Seek and secure new event bookings; grow the events business and income stream
- Develop an event booking and management system that works seamlessly to plan and deliver Trust, café and commercial events
- Develop event client contracts between JWAT and other parties
- Efficient and friendly co-ordination and delivery of events at the Pah Homestead and Rannoch; event analysis and reporting as needed
- Contributions to the design, production, and management of effective event promotional collateral
For full Job Description see contact detail below.
How to apply
Operations and Relations Manager
The James Wallace Arts Trust